… I didn’t feel like going for my scheduled 5k because it was hot, and I spent most of the day on my feet at a friend’s wedding, so I was tired and pretty sore. But I dragged my ass to the gym, put in my 5k (I hate treadmill runs), and was rewarded with this view on my way back:
There’s never a run that’s not worth it.
- I’ve been running 25k per week for a few weeks now, with a 10k long run included.
- I’ve started doing daily push-ups for the past week (30 per day). I still need to get back to doing strength exercises.
- I’ve been reading a lot more and writing a lot more. After a bit of a slump, I decided to give the Streaks app a chance. It’s been helping keeping me on track so far.
- My second draft has been going in some ways better than expected, in others worse. I hated rewriting my university papers, and I thought that rewriting a 120K word novel would be a pain, but for some reason it isn’t a hassle at all. The first four chapters were simple fixes, but I hit a giant plot hole that I hadn’t noticed once I reached chapter 5. I trashed chapter 5 and chapter 6 completely, writing them from scratch (on the bright side they’re much shorter and better now), and it looks like chapter 7 is going to have to undergo the same treatment. Writing a novel is a process, and I’ve learned a few things about writing since I started, which means that scenes that I wrote almost two years (!) ago just don’t work right now. At least I’m enjoying the process so far, though it is a rather lonely one.
- Gratuitous photo of a gorgeous Tel Aviv summer sunset from yesterday’s 7k:
Bought this years ago and don’t remember the exact limited edition it was, but even the simplest Sailor nib writes like a dream.
Started early today, and once again was rewarded by pretty magnificent sights.
The geese were out in force, entirely fearless, grazing wherever they pleased.
Isn’t that view magnificent?
A man fed a group of stray cats and night herons before sitting down to fish. The cats had the good sense to keep a wary distance from these well-armed birds.
A night heron between the rushes.
A total of 10k run today, 5k run yesterday and 25k run this week. Not bad at all.