- I’ve been running 25k per week for a few weeks now, with a 10k long run included.
- I’ve started doing daily push-ups for the past week (30 per day). I still need to get back to doing strength exercises.
- I’ve been reading a lot more and writing a lot more. After a bit of a slump, I decided to give the Streaks app a chance. It’s been helping keeping me on track so far.
- My second draft has been going in some ways better than expected, in others worse. I hated rewriting my university papers, and I thought that rewriting a 120K word novel would be a pain, but for some reason it isn’t a hassle at all. The first four chapters were simple fixes, but I hit a giant plot hole that I hadn’t noticed once I reached chapter 5. I trashed chapter 5 and chapter 6 completely, writing them from scratch (on the bright side they’re much shorter and better now), and it looks like chapter 7 is going to have to undergo the same treatment. Writing a novel is a process, and I’ve learned a few things about writing since I started, which means that scenes that I wrote almost two years (!) ago just don’t work right now. At least I’m enjoying the process so far, though it is a rather lonely one.
- Gratuitous photo of a gorgeous Tel Aviv summer sunset from yesterday’s 7k:
Yesterday’s weather was pretty perfect for a long run, so decided to go on one instead of postponing it to the weekend.
This is where they’re doing the filming this year, and I’m pretty puzzled about it — I don’t see how this former hanger will have room for all the contestants. Oh well, where there’s rating there’s a way.
Yesterday was blistering hot, so I ran this morning instead. A lot of rowers were out on the Yarkon.